Thursday, December 23, 2010

There's NOTHING wrong with a little...experimenting!

Hey friends!  I have always been a fan of mixing colors to make my own new, custom colors. In the nail polish world its called a Franken (which I think is pretty freaking cool lol!) Now, keep an open mind when mixing...they can't all be gems. Sometimes the color isn't what you expect, sometimes different nail polish formulas don't mix well at all and the application of the "new" polish is crap even though the color looks fabulous in the bottle, you just never know until you put it on your nail. I guess thats just the way it goes...I usually mix with polish that I am running out of..especially If I like it enough to buy it again..its fun to see what you can make..for example...
I mixed Sally Hansen Celeb City//N.Y.C Skin Tight Denim Creme// Revlon Bewitching Bordeaux these mixed together make a nice shimmery dark purple with a brown undertone. 


This was the final result! It's a little more brown then I like but I actually really like it on my nails..

                                      
The base was an almost empty bottle of Seche Vite top coat...well, almost empty to me is a third left in the bottle ha ha. All you polish junkies know there is NOTHING like a fresh bottle of Seche Vite *sigh*.  Also, since I did use Seche Vite as the base it dries SUPER FAST!
                                        
I might need to do a bit more tweaking to get the color Perfect...but the applications was GREAT! I used two coats but I honestly think one would have been enough. What do you lovelies think of this color? Would you wear it? How would you change it?
                                        

All in all I am pleased with this Franken, I can't wait to see it in the Sunlight. I think that will be the deciding factor in whether or not I change the formula or not..Oh and I am still trying to come up with a name for this color...Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment