Sunday, July 17, 2011

Depotting my Urban Decay Eye Shadows

Hello friends! This weekend I had a fun project, I transferred my Urban Decay eye shadows to my new Z-Palette. It was pretty simple once I got a system going.
such a mess...eeeek!

A few M.A.C shadows and one Stila shadow made it into the Palette also. :)

Tools that I used. Box Cutter, Nail files, tongs, candle,wire cutters but you can just ignore those because I didn't use them, I thought I might have had to get crazy on something haha..luckily I didnt. I was worried to remove the shadows from their individual cases because I was worried that they would break but there were no shadow fatalities during the process.

After using the nail file to pop out the black part, I held it over the flame to melt the glue and loosen things up a bit. I didn't have to use the flame for all of them, I was able to use the box cutter to lift the actual metal pan out of the black part pretty easily for most.

 No breakage all...next step!


I also used the flame to melt the sticker glue so I could still have the names of the shadows on the pan. That part was actually fun! Well it was all pretty fun organizing, labeling, arranging..the part that sucked was popping out the black part from the main shell.

To get the sticker to peel off I held the open case over the flame for a few seconds the name sticker slides off very easily. Be careful though..it's obviously hot! I then placed the sticker on the back of the shadow pan. (The sticker also covers any access glue and doesn't ruin or dirty up the Z-Palette.)

Nice and neat and pretty, just the way I like it!

Finished Product! LOVE IT! So smart to have a clear case. I got this one at IMATS LA but I ordered two more Z-palettes from here, free shipping if you spend over 40 dollars and no tax not a bad deal!

Pretty! I have some new Urban Decay matte eye shadows coming..they were onlySIX dollars at UrbanDecay.com I will be transfering all off my shadows into palettes.
All in all this was a fun project! I absolutely love the Z-palette and highly recommend if you have a lot of shadows that you would like to consolidate. If you have any questions about any colors seen then please don't hesitate to send me a message or just leave a comment! Thank you so much for reading, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

Peace, Love, and Organization!!

Alaina xoxo

4 comments:

  1. so cute i love the look of the z palettes

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading ladies! Such a great purchase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I love little pots but it's so much easier to use when everything is in palettes. Everything is in one place, and no eyeshadows get neglected because they're in a drawer somewhere.

    ReplyDelete